The holidays have come and passed, and I really only wanted one thing: A class date for Officer Training School. Essentially, the date that I enter Officer Training and start my 9 and half weeks of Officer Accession.
Obviously, I didn't get it, and I knew I wouldn't before the New Year. Now that the New Year has started though, I'm back to waiting for the word. I hope I get to go in April, but it could be as late as May or July.
Sometimes I think I can totally still be a pilot. Other times, I go over in my head what I've read about pilot waivers and think "No Way". I can only do one thing: Wait and See.
I also think about what exactly it means to have a class date...I want one so badly, but at the same time, it will be incredibly difficult. "Hell" is how many have described it, although it is certainly "easier" than the Marines or Navy OCS.
The first weeks will involve waking up at 4:55 (NO EARLIER OR LATER!) and going to do physical workouts. Then classes (which actually sound really interesting). Meals will involve sitting at a table straight up, no talking, and 10 minutes to eat. Any free time will be occupied with studying for myriad tests.
One of the main reasons I moved back to Massachusetts was to get in excellent physical shape, and I have to say, I failed miserably at that goal. I'd venture to say I'm in the worse shape of my life. I'm hoping to double down on my efforts in the New Year, as a kind of "now or you'll get your ass kicked" resolution.
If I can do that, then maybe my wish to be in "hell" will be as heavenly as I imagine it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment