Friday, 7 September 2012

Waiting.

The Board that made the decision regarding my acceptance has apparently been "delayed".

I was supposed to find out September 5th if I got in. I got a call on September 5th from my recruiter. He said,

"The board's decision has been delayed. You will hopefully hear by the end of this week, or next week."

Well. It's 11pm on a Friday night. I was told I'd hear between 4-5pm Eastern standard time. I haven't heard anything. Yes or No. I know that I'm not going to hear until next week. Meaning 3 days of angsty waiting. I hate it. I've been waiting since JUNE. I know it's just a  couple of days, but it is so frustrating!


I wanted to ask you all about what I should do if I find out the answer is "NO."

There are several options that I can take advantage of.

I will write them out in detail when I actually get a yay or nay. However, I wanted to give an update on flying. The thing I'm most afraid of is.................TALKING TO PEOPLE!

I was a tour guide. I AM a waitress. I talk to people all the time.  Public speaking is not a problem, and  I enjoy being the "center" of attention! BUT! For some reason I totally overthink talking to the tower. Yesterday, Mike and I did the "ring of fire" which means flying from Bedford to Beverly to Manchester, to Fitchburg to Bedford. Different airports, different classes, SO crazy. I... researched, and failed. It was so hard. I just got caught up in the details. I had quite a few issues talking to all the different towers/approches. I think I shall meet up with Mike and have him give me all sorts of random calls that I have to answer.

I kind of understand what controllers tell me, but at the same time I freeze when something isn't perfect. For example. I was flying into Manchester, and the controller asked if I could see the airport (at 11 o'clock) from 6 miles. I was actually 8 miles away, so I totally freaked out. I didn't know if I should make a correction that I was further, or if I should  just acknowledge that it was me. I just froze. and it was like my mind and my ears just blocked everything because I couldn't handle it.

GR! I clearly need to get over this.

Will let you all know what happens.

Cau!



No comments:

Post a Comment